- Trained Registered Secondary Teacher, Special Education, Home Economics, Health and Music
- Certificate in Teaching in Adaptive Education for children with special needs
- Irlen Institute trained Diagnostician
- Cellfield Clinician and Program Provider
- Johansen Individualised Auditory Stimulation Practitioner
- Accredited Podiatry Assistant (SA)
- Nationally accredited Tutor and Business Owner
- Over 30 plus years of teaching experience extending from Year 4 – 12
- Experience with family members who have learning difficulties and/or physical disability.
- Experience in developing and facilitating Open Access Education Courses, VET (Vocational Education) Courses in South Australia.
- Year 11 – 12 SACE Literacy Assessor
- Experience in Aboriginal Education, Integration of Special Needs Students into the Classroom (NSW) and teacher/peer training
- Middle Management and Human Resources Interview techniques/ requirements
- Small business management
- Workplace Assessor and Competency Based Assessments
What do I enjoy about my current work?
- I am a “chronic, can’t help myself, born” teacher.
- Seeing children with learning difficulties achieve their potential, improve their self-esteem and motivation as they are given the assistance they need to learn and enjoy learning.
- Being able to provide for local rural children, new remediation programs that would otherwise be inaccessible or unavailable.
- Supporting the caring and concerned parents of children with learning difficulties.